Just taking one day at a time...


As each day passes, I realize more and more just how unimportant most things are in relation to my relationship with Jesus Christ and my relationship with my family. I find myself busy doing really mindless but so-called 'important' things...afterwards I reflect on how that time could have been well spent in prayer, devotion and worship, or evangelizing, but that time has now slipped through my fingers, to be gone forever! It is my heartfelt endeavor for 2008 to find, and create more time carved out to be specifically, totally devoted to my First Love, the Lover of my Soul.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

It Has Finally Hit Home...


Back in the day when I had to spend many days and nights in church, I would be in such agony when the "old folks" would launch into those old hymns. They would usually sing each hymn in its entirety, or at least three stanzas with the chorus between each verse. Man, I wanted to escape! Why did they have to sing these dragging, old, long, meaningless songs? Siiiiiiiiigh!

Now that I am an adult, I willingly and faithfully go to church. At my church, we normally sing popular gospel songs or contemporary Christian songs...but lately, during worship service, we have been singing some of the songs that I remember from years gone by...and it is so wonderful!

This past Sunday, (Resurrection Sunday) I was so surprised when we sang the song, "Near the Cross," the lyrics became alive to me! At last, we sing one of the songs of old, and it "hit home" with me...the lyrics were so meaningful to me...

The old familiar song, now anew with meaning, caused an emotional dam to burst, and tears to cascade down my cheeks...

I understand the lyrics now....I guess I am finally growing up...

\0/


Near the Cross
by Frances J. Crosby

Jesus, keep me near the cross,
There a precious fountain—
Free to all, a healing stream—
Flows from Calv’ry’s mountain.

Chorus:
In the cross, in the cross,
Be my glory ever;
Till my raptured soul shall find
Rest beyond the river.

Near the cross, a trembling soul,
Love and Mercy found me;
There the bright and morning star
Sheds its beams around me.

Chorus:
In the cross, in the cross,
Be my glory ever;
Till my raptured soul shall find
Rest beyond the river.

Near the cross! O Lamb of God,
Bring its scenes before me;
Help me walk from day to day,
With its shadows o’er me.

Chorus:
In the cross, in the cross,
Be my glory ever;
Till my raptured soul shall find
Rest beyond the river.

Near the cross I’ll watch and wait
Hoping, trusting ever,
Till I reach the golden strand,
Just beyond the river.

Chorus:
In the cross, in the cross,
Be my glory ever;
Till my raptured soul shall find
Rest beyond the river.

No comments:

Do you have a relationship with God?

Not Sure about where you stand with God?

If you are not sure if you have a relationship with God, chances are pretty good that you do not...click here to get answers on how to receive Jesus into your heart today!

This is the exact same plan that a friend used in a tract format to show me the plan of salvation many years ago!

Praise God for Dr. Bill Bright and his founding of the Campus Crusade for Christ Organization!

Check out this presentation of a Love Letter to you from God!