Just taking one day at a time...


As each day passes, I realize more and more just how unimportant most things are in relation to my relationship with Jesus Christ and my relationship with my family. I find myself busy doing really mindless but so-called 'important' things...afterwards I reflect on how that time could have been well spent in prayer, devotion and worship, or evangelizing, but that time has now slipped through my fingers, to be gone forever! It is my heartfelt endeavor for 2008 to find, and create more time carved out to be specifically, totally devoted to my First Love, the Lover of my Soul.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Does God Still Heal Today?

I personally know lots of people who do not believe that God heals today. If that indeed the case consider this: The Bible is a handbook for us to live by today, correct? Is the Bible not the God breathed, inerrant Word of God? The Word says that God does not change, is that correct? The Word also says that God is not a man that He should lie, correct? Wasn't Jesus the Word made flesh? Did Jesus lie? Therefore does the Word contain lies? I think not!

Why is it that the majority of Jesus' miracles He performed involved healing of the sick among them? Wouldn't it be pointless to perform those miracles and include them in the New Testament for us to read today, if it were not for today? Just my thoughts...While it is true that God does not choose to heal everyone, we cannot know the mind of God, or try to understand His choices by confining Him inside the smallness of the human capacity of logic.

God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? Numbers 23:19

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. John 1:14,15

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8,9

Personally, I have experienced God's healing through the laying on of hands, so I have first hand knowledge and experiences in my life that healing is one of God's riches for us today. Consider this:
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10
Jesus came so that we may have life and have it more abundantly. I don't know about you, but to me living abundantly has to mean first and foremost good health! When you have your health, everything else is great....but when your health fails, nothing else really seems to matter, right? Health is something that you cannot buy or trade...you can manage it by being a good steward of your body's health, because after all, it is a temple of the Holy Ghost!

I am currently studying the aspect of healing, and it seems repeatedly that two recurring factors usually go hand and hand for a healing to take place: OBEDIENCE and FAITH!

To be continued..............\0/

No comments:

Do you have a relationship with God?

Not Sure about where you stand with God?

If you are not sure if you have a relationship with God, chances are pretty good that you do not...click here to get answers on how to receive Jesus into your heart today!

This is the exact same plan that a friend used in a tract format to show me the plan of salvation many years ago!

Praise God for Dr. Bill Bright and his founding of the Campus Crusade for Christ Organization!

Check out this presentation of a Love Letter to you from God!